Thursday, June 29, 2006

I wish...

A neighbour left today- her husband has been transferred to Mumbai, and she’s going to join him . Its been only a year since I got to know her- she came here to live in this apartment after her marriage last year. She is a sweet girl, very witty, charming and exudes warmth and cheer around her. Today, she came home to say Goodbye- and suddenly I wished I had taken more effort and time to know her better- I had always felt that she would be great person to get to know more- she had such a cheerful, endearing demeanour- I wished I had endeavoured to go beyond the ‘Hi’s” and casual banter- but I had always thought there was plenty of time left- and today as we said our Goodbyes, I’m filled with regret- and like in the story of the ‘sour grapes’ ,I tell myself- well, if we had got too friendly this parting would’ve been even more painful- still I wish…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is so true - we never know how much time we have - we only know when the moments have gone by us and there is time no more...

Mindsurfer said...

Dear Ardra,
Thank you for the wishes! I am touched - seriously. thank you.
And as usual, nice little entry here, so true.
Haven't been here as often as I should be... :-(

Mindsurfer