Monday, May 23, 2005

While on Vacation...

The heat is sweltering, agninakshathram is in its flaming splendour- this vacation has been one hectic sultry, sweaty hols..and I have to consciously seek out the random, cool, memorable moments. Sometimes its amazing that the climate can loom so hugely and detrimentally over one’s experiences…

I’m now finally back after a hectic vacation- once again settled into the ‘routine’ that is Life…and yet for me it is so much fulfilling, soothening and cosy abt coming back into my space. However I’m deprived of my virtual forays, because there is some problem with the broadband access server. DSS seems like another world, another time…esp with the shift to the new space. I had been putting off registering and then pottering with the various options until after the vacations, and now that the holidays are over, I still am out of reach. It has been a long time, and I am thinking over the memory span of the virtual world. As it is I have been into the depths of “real life” these past 2 months…where the virtual world seemed like Alice’s Wonderland… I was among people who had no idea of my “other” world…it all seemed so far away and unreal- like a mirage, an illusion, as I was frantically smothering my face and neck with a dripping towel in a vain attempt to cope with the excruciating heat as our train chugged through the dry, arid tracks of Andhra-

If my last vacation was languorously laid back and relaxed, this year it was quite the opposite- Packing, unpacking, washing, ironing, settling down sums up the hols…and in between, there were these snatches of some special moments…

I first went to my parents home in April- V saw us off…and I had already begun to miss him- I shed tears unabashedly- I always did that- V tried to make light of the situation, the elder puttar was embarrassedly checking if the other passengers were watching. The train lugged off impersonally, and V vanished from my view…I swallowed hard…We bought some books from the Erode station- it was noon when we reached Palakkad- Achhan was waiting for us…amma had lunch waiting at home.


next: at the temple festival....

No comments: